Firstly, a blushy thank you! to May from Messy Money who nominated me for this award.
So, the idea behind the Liebster is to give a welcome well done to new blogs who then receive the blog love and answer some questions, and pass their own Liebster nominations via a Q&A to other great new blogs.
Here are my answers to her questions:
- Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
I started blogging because I like to write, and also because I didn’t want to turn into one of those infuriated/infuriating people that is stuck in 2005 era levels of computer ability. I also have lots of opinions which I always end up expressing feebly and incoherently when I try to verbally explain myself. Writing it down forces me to get it all straight in my head.
This quote by James Baldwin makes me want to write all day every day:
”You write in order to change the world. The world changes according to the way people see it, and if you alter, even by a millimetre, the way people look at reality, then you can change it’
Blogging is extremely addictive. I have an ever-growing list of things I want to do to improve this site. Everyone should start a blog!
2. What has been your favourite blog post you have written so far?
Taxidermy latte was frankly, an inspired and seminal piece that belongs in the Global Personal Finance Blogging Almanac.
3. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
Having money is fundamentally about freedom. We need more people subverting the work/consume/comply model of living and more thinking about how we really want to live. Hopefully one day the renegades will outnumber the lemmings.
4. Sum up your life in 6 words or less.
Woman writes on web, like spider.
5.Earliest money memory? If you would like to share.
Probably as a very small child trying to prize the cap off the bottom of a piggy bank.
Now, I would like to nominate the following 3 blogs (not sure if they are all considered ‘new’ enough but I want to nominate them anyway):
1) Emma Lincoln because she’s got sass.
2) Jonny from The Wealth Brick Road who looks sharp in a tie and is already off to a roaring start after just 2 months in the game.
3) makinthebacon for her thoughtful agonising over engagement rings.
I hope my nominated Liebster-keteers will answer the following questions:
1. What advice would you give to someone thinking of starting a blog?
2. What is your nerdiest money habit?
3. What did your parents teach you about money? (good or bad)
4. What are 3 things that not many people know about you?
5. What was the last thing you ate?