The sole intention for this blog is to add more autonomy and happiness to your life.
If I was a business – I would be selling you an idea
This is the idea:
You can drastically fast track your way to semi retirement, or even complete financial independence and forget about ever having to work for money (even if you decide to work for fun). Depending on your age and circumstances, you can retire 10, 20 or even 30 years earlier than you think (or have been told is the best you can hope for).
Yes it requires money – but not outrageous amounts. It means looking differently at all the old things. It also means becoming more skilled and agile at living…. which we all want to do anyway – right?
- Stop spending most of your money on maintaining an ever increasing idea of what makes a ‘desirable’ lifestyle (if it has to be justified at length then it is probably something you don’t genuinely need.)
- Save aggressively. Ideally 50% or more of your income.
- Invest your savings. Get fee based financial advice on this if you are unsure of the best way to do it.
- Keep feeding your investment until the passive income it produces matches or overtakes your annual spending.
- Congratulations! You are financially independent and free to operate on your own terms!
There is much more to it of course. There are many ways of travelling, and arriving. Probably as many ways as there are people.
Figuring it out is what makes it interesting.
Why am I doing this? I am not a financial planner or a number wizard. But I also know that using money to buy freedom is really insanely simple.
Too often we let layers of external complication and analysis stop us from acting. We think money is too hard and boring, and investing is risky. I hope this blog will change your mind and get you excited again about what money can do for you.